Sat, Feb 12|
Winter Fruit Tree Pruning Workshop
In this engaging demonstration, instructor Connie Kuramoto will share her expertise about the tools and techniques required to confidently prune your own fruit trees.
Time & Location
Feb 12, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Tofino, 431 Gibson St, Tofino, BC V0R, Canada
For some gardeners, one of the most challenging tasks to do is to prune your fruit trees. It's not a difficult task, just one that many do not have the skills or confidence to do. In this engaging demonstration, instructor Connie Kuramoto will share her expertise about the tools and techniques required to confidently prune your own fruit trees. Connie brings a wealth of knowledge from her years of experience growing on the island - come with your questions and leave with a greater understanding of fruit tree care!
Why prune a fruit tree?
- To develop desired tree shape;
- To maintain the tree at the desired size;
- To allow sunlight to enter the center of the tree;
- To improve tree strength and encourage new shoots;
- To improve air circulation within the tree and reduce the potential for disease;
- To remove dead or broken branches; and
- To increase the quality fruit production!
Workshop registration is limited to 10 participants.