Events & Workshops
Community events are the heartbeat of a strong local food culture. In coming together, we can share and celebrate food, learn from each other, and foster more connectedness within our community. Workshops support us in learning to grow together to increase our resiliency and food self-sufficiency on the coast!
Past Events & Workshops
- Sat, Oct 14Oct 14, 2023, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.Tofino, 431 Gibson St, Tofino, BC V0R 2Z0, CanadaCome celebrate the bounty of the Harvest Season in this free community event that will include family friendly activities, gardening demos, food & drinks, live music and more!
- Sun, Jul 09Jul 09, 2023, 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.WYA Junction Garden, 2695 Tofino Ucluelet HighwayWould you like to learn how to extend the growing season of your West Coast garden? Would you even like to grow food all year around but don't have a greenhouse? If so, this is your next workshop!
- Sun, Jun 11Jun 11, 2023, 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.The Space Tattoos, 1645 Cedar Rd, Ucluelet, BC V0R 3A0, CanadaTofino Community Food Initiative and Space Tattoo in Ucluelet are teaming up for an exciting fundraiser in June! We invite you to save the date on June 11th, 2023, for a chance to purchase a custom garden tattoo from the talented artists at Space.
- Thu, May 18May 18, 2023, 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.Wickaninnish School Food Forest, 431 Gibson St, Tofino, BC V0R 2Z0, CanadaDo you love gardening but don't have much gardening space available? Would you like to grow your own food but don't want to invest too much time or resources to get started? If that's the case, this is the perfect workshop for you!
- Sat, Apr 15Apr 15, 2023, 9:00 a.m. – Oct 15, 2023, 4:00 p.m.Načiks/Monks Point, 174 West St., Tofino, BCNew to gardening in the Pacific Northwest? In 4 modules spaced throughout the growing season, you'll learn from expert gardeners the do's and don'ts of food cultivation for our temperate rainforest climate. Contact us if you have any questions (email@example.com).
- Sat, Mar 04Mar 04, 2023, 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. PSTTwo locations!, Community School & Community HallJoin us in preparation for the growing season! Our annual Seedy Saturday event will include a seed swap & sale at the Wickaninnish Community School Garden, music, and hands-on activities.
- Sun, Nov 27Nov 27, 2022, 11:00 a.m. – Nov 28, 2022, 12:30 p.m.Clayoquot Sound Theatre, 380 Campbell St, Tofino, BC V0R 2Z0, CanadaLocal seed saving is integral to creating secure and resilient food systems - learn how you can support yours by joining our Seed Saving 101 Workshop. Presented in collaboration with FarmFolk CityFolk.
- Sat, Oct 15Oct 15, 2022, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.Wickaninnish Community School Garden, 431 Gibson St, Tofino, BC V0R 2Z0, CanadaJoin us for a free community lunch and celebration of our growing season! Saturday October 15 from 11 am -2 pm at the school garden. There will be kids activities, a planting table, and soup made by Wolf in the Fog!
- Sun, May 22May 22, 2022, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.Wickaninnish Community School Garden, 431 Gibson St, Tofino, BC V0R, CanadaOn Sunday May 22 we are pleased to have the knowledgeable and experienced Vancouver Island horticulturalist Connie Kuramoto coming to teach us about propagation from cuttings. What plants work well from cuttings, and how? Come participate and learn this valuable and useful plant skill.
- Sat, Apr 30Apr 30, 2022, 10:00 a.m. – May 01, 2022, 8:00 p.m.Gaia Grocery, 150 Fourth St, Tofino, BC V0R 2Z0, CanadaTCFI staff and board members have been busy growing seedlings to share with our community as a fundraiser for our programs. Basil! Cabbage! Lettuce! Tomatoes! Nasturtium, and more! Come down to Gaia Grocery on April 30 and May 1 for the spring seedling sale!
- Sat, Mar 05Mar 05, 2022, 11:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. PSTWickaninnish Community School & Online, 431 Gibson St, Tofino, BC V0R, CanadaJoin us in preparation for the growing season! Our annual Seedy Saturday event will include a seed swap & sale at the Wickaninnish Community School Garden, a virtual presentation from seed saving expert Bob Wildfong, and a virtual film screening of the award-winning documentary Modified.
- Sat, Feb 12Feb 12, 2022, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.Tofino, 431 Gibson St, Tofino, BC V0R, CanadaIn this engaging demonstration, instructor Connie Kuramoto will share her expertise about the tools and techniques required to confidently prune your own fruit trees.