top of page
Community events are the heartbeat of a strong local food culture. In coming together, we can share and celebrate food, learn from each other, and foster more connectedness within our community.
- Sat, Apr 15Načiks/Monks PointNew to gardening in the Pacific Northwest? In 4 modules spaced throughout the growing season, you'll learn from expert gardeners the do's and don'ts of food cultivation for our temperate rainforest climate. Contact us if you have any questions (email@example.com).
- Sat, Mar 04Two locations!Join us in preparation for the growing season! Our annual Seedy Saturday event will include a seed swap & sale at the Wickaninnish Community School Garden, music, and hands-on activities.
- Wed, Dec 14Tofino Community Hall
- Sun, Nov 27Clayoquot Sound TheatreLocal seed saving is integral to creating secure and resilient food systems - learn how you can support yours by joining our Seed Saving 101 Workshop. Presented in collaboration with FarmFolk CityFolk.
- Sat, Oct 15Wickaninnish Community School GardenJoin us for a free community lunch and celebration of our growing season! Saturday October 15 from 11 am -2 pm at the school garden. There will be kids activities, a planting table, and soup made by Wolf in the Fog!
- Sun, Aug 07UclueletOne excellent way of learning about growing food is to see the designs of other gardeners. Come explore 6 amazing edible gardens in Ucluelet with us on Sunday August 7, 1-4:30 pm.
- Sun, Jul 31TofinoShowcasing the incredible potential for local food growing on the west coast and inspiring individuals to start or improve their own backyard gardens.
- Sun, May 22Wickaninnish Community School GardenOn Sunday May 22 we are pleased to have the knowledgeable and experienced Vancouver Island horticulturalist Connie Kuramoto coming to teach us about propagation from cuttings. What plants work well from cuttings, and how? Come participate and learn this valuable and useful plant skill.
- Sat, Apr 30Gaia GroceryTCFI staff and board members have been busy growing seedlings to share with our community as a fundraiser for our programs. Basil! Cabbage! Lettuce! Tomatoes! Nasturtium, and more! Come down to Gaia Grocery on April 30 and May 1 for the spring seedling sale!
- Sat, Mar 05Wickaninnish Community School & OnlineJoin us in preparation for the growing season! Our annual Seedy Saturday event will include a seed swap & sale at the Wickaninnish Community School Garden, a virtual presentation from seed saving expert Bob Wildfong, and a virtual film screening of the award-winning documentary Modified.
- Sat, Feb 12TofinoIn this engaging demonstration, instructor Connie Kuramoto will share her expertise about the tools and techniques required to confidently prune your own fruit trees.
- Sun, Jan 30Wickaninnish Community School GardenThis workshop is for anyone who wants to get the most out of the growing season and be ready with hardy, healthy seedlings come Spring!
- Sun, Dec 05Wickaninnish Community School Garden
- Fri, Nov 19Virtual
bottom of page